How many times have you seen a webpage and thought to yourself “wow -- that looks great, I wish I was a fancy web designer who could create webpages that look like that…”? Well guess what? If your school is using The Digital Bell school website system, then you can easily create stylish pages that look like they were created by a professional.
The Digital Bell give you complete control over where everything on a page lives. Using a simple to understand grid system, you can map out the page that you want and then proceed to drop the content that you create onto the page into the right places. Sounds great, right?
So just exactly how do you go about doing this? All you have to do is to follow a simple 5-step process. It starts by having you locate The Digital Bell webpage you wish to customize, then click the Properties button (gear icon) to the left of the page title. In the page properties editor, scroll down to the "Page Layout" section.
Your next step is to begin creating rows and columns that will describe how you want your page to look. To add a row, click on the drop-down menu labeled "Add a row." This menu will contain several options, with the percentages denoting the column width(s) for that row. For example, the "75%/25%" option will create a row with two columns; one that takes up 75% of the row, and another that occupies the remaining 25%. Clicking a menu option will add that row to your layout. Multiple rows can be created by, again, clicking "Add a row," then clicking a menu option.
At any point in this process you can delete a row that you’ve created. To delete a row, mouse over the row you wish to delete. When the row is highlighted in red, click the row to delete it.
Now that you’ve designed how your page is going to look, it’s time to edit the content that you’ll be placing on the page. If you have created a new page, you will be forwarded to the content editor upon submitting the page creation form. Next, add Content Elements to your page, using the links listed under the "Add Content" heading in the right margin. If you are editing an existing page, click the "Pages" link, located in the menu at the top of your Dashboard, then open the content editor by clicking the Edit button (pencil icon) to the left of the appropriate page's title.
To begin assigning your Content Elements, click the icon representing your layout
Your final step will be to assign layout cells to content. Each one of the blocks of content that you create for the page that you just designed the layout for will have a small rows & columns graphi in it’s upper right hand corner. When clicked, the icon will expand to display an enlarged view of your layout. Click the section you wish to assign this Content Element to, then click the "Submit" button. That’s it! You now have complete control over exactly what each of your webpages looks like -- just like the professionals do!
Your school needs the awesome communication power that The Digital Bell can provide you with in order to communicate with parents, guardians, and your local community about all of the great things that are going on at your school. You can start using The Digital Bell for just $50/month. Go to thedigitalbell.com to find out how you can sign up today!